Winter Park Pain Management is a medical marijuana doctor’s office. We offer a wide variety of pain management techniques. One of our main techniques is medical marijuana which alleviates symptoms, ailments, or diseases by using cannabinoids including THC and CBD.
How It Works & Qualifying Conditions
Our bodies have a system called the endocannabinoid system which contains receptors that are unique to cannabis and fit like a lock and key to maintaining homeostasis within the body.
Medical Marijuana is managed in controlled environments and is subjected to processes to ensure quality control and consistency. When beginning the journey with medical marijuana, patients must be diagnosed with at least one of the following conditions to qualify:
- Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Terminal Disease
- Chronic Pain
- Positive Status for Human Immunodeficiency Virus
There are three strains of medical marijuana we utilize. Each strain works differently and you will be evaluated to determine the best strain for you to use.
Sativa strains have an uplifting effect, which helps individuals have in-depth conversations, energy, and creative thinking.
Indica strains are used to reduce stress, relieve pain, and limit anxiety. This can help with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and other related disorders.
Hybrid strains offer a relaxing body effect, create a balance of mind and body to deliver full-body pain relief.
How To Obtain Your Card
Winter Park Pain Management is here to provide you with the knowledge and guidance needed to help with your medical marijuana needs. Here are the steps that will need to be taken to obtain your card:
- You must be diagnosed or treated for a condition listed above
- You’ll need to obtain a copy of your medical records or send them to our office prior to your arrival
- You must be a Florida resident
- You must have a valid state-issued ID
- You’ll need to have an evaluation by a Physician qualified by the state of Florida to recommend medical marijuana
- The Physician will submit an application to the state of Florida for final approval which can stake 7 to 14 business days
- The Physician will issue you three 70 day refills
- You will need to visit the physician prior to the 210 days to be reevaluated
- You’ll need to supply a credit or debit card to cover mandated governments fees
There are many ways to consume medical marijuana. Choosing the right method is important for your lifestyle, treatment plan. Below are approved consumption methods:
- Oral Drops
- Oral Inhalers
- Topical Ointments